It was a great event and weekend. In experimenting with the signage a few things were curiously observed
- people found it funny (yay!)
- some people choose not to sit there after seeing the sign
- some people viewed it as an art piece and read it as such (this was the context of public art competition)
- people naturally moved the chairs to conversations arrangements (circles, facing pairs)
- in the context of the street festival the concept was a bit ‘lost’ – it’s power is when the context is more unusual and less controlled (eg on public transport).
All and all a super fun event as part of my greater love for public space, community building, urban interventions and rethinking space. Congrats to the organizers and other artists involved.