Early ideas for this project included having conversation starters as part of panels. At the Creative Drinks event on Thursday, they had flyers about starting conversations which I thought was quite good and funny.
It read –
The return of…the Official Creative Drinks Networking & Conversation Guide for struggling but well meaning enthusiasts
While we believe you have more than plenty of thigh slapping great one liners and general pub knowledge fodder; please understand that we have included these conversation starters purely to avoid the most dire of awkward silence emergencies.
After a few of these babies you’ll be on a roll…try one on that strange looking bloke to the left of you now…oh and it might pay to start with the tried and true ‘Hi my name is_ and I’m a _”
- What was your favourite childhood toy?
- If you had to live in another country, which one would you choose?
- If you could only eat one food, and nothing else, for three days in a row, what would it be?
- What three words best describe you?
- What’s the one thing you’d like to be remembered for?
- If you had more time, what hobby would you like to pursue?
- If you could change one thing about your personality, what would it be?
- What do people often misunderstand about you?
- What’s your idea of a perfect night out – or in?
- What is your ideal vacation length?
We’d also suggest you avoid starting with…
“Don’t worry it’s not loaded”
“I hope this doesn’t offend you”
“You gonna eat that?”
“Jesus, you smell like soup!”
*We apologizes in advance for not updating this document, however in our defense if you still require a conversation aid after attending the first Creative Drinks we regret to inform you that you are most likely beyond help.
(PS. my answers -1) Cuddles a white plush teddy 2) Canada since I know people 3) Banh Mi Thit (Viet sandwich) 4) short asian girl 5) being a creative thinker 6) woodwork or jewelry 7) high expectations 8)being quiet or reserved 9) anything with a great friend 10)1 month)